Alaska Chapter Academic Scholarship
The Alaska Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects offers a scholarship to assist Alaskan students interested in the study of landscape architecture. The goal of this scholarship is to promote growth of and interest in the landscape architecture profession by supporting recent graduates of Alaskan high schools who are pursuing a first professional degree in landscape architecture. The Chapter has set a minimum award goal of $1,000 annually.
- Four years of Alaskan residency and graduation from an Alaskan High School
- Evidence of application to an accredited landscape architectural program
- Completion of the application form and essay
- Preference may be given to: Alaskans of Native heritage or those that demonstrate financial need
- The final decision of award rests solely with the Executive Board of the Alaska Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA).
- The Executive Board reserves the right to change the scholarship amount, divide the scholarship into multiple scholarships, or to withold award.
- All application information will be kept confidential. Successful applicants may be announced in local or national publications. Submittal of the application indicates your approval that your name may be released to the press.
- Social Security Number and proof of enrollment must be submitted prior to monetary award of the scholarship.
- October 1 Applications Available
- March 31st Applications due to Alaska Chapter ASLA
- .April Announcement of Award Recipient(s)
- September Award distributed after receipt of confirmation of enrollment